Dr. Carroll is a graduate of the University of Southern California where he earned his DDS degree and also Arizona State University – MBA and MHSM (Master’s in Health Sector Management). Currently, Dr. Carroll is the Associate Dean for Clinical Education at the Midwestern University Dental Institute and also serves as Chair of the Quality Assurance Committee and Chair of Risk Management Committee. He is a member of the Laser, Promotions and Curriculum Committees and is Course Director for Practice Management and Personal Finance. Dr. Carroll is also a Certified course instructor for Laser Certification and Laser Safety Officer. He is also a Certified course instructor for the Branemark Implant system. He actively teaches 3rd and 4th year dental students the placement and restoration of Bicon implants utilizing 3D imaging and surgical guides.
Dr. Carroll owned his private practice dental office for 21 years in Germany with an emphasis on prosthodontics, implantology and laser-assisted procedures. He is the founder and two-term past President of the German Academy for Laser Dentistry and served as Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Southern California before accepting his position at Midwestern University. Dr. Carroll serves on the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and was inducted as a Fellow into the International College of Dentists in 2012.
Dr. Carroll is committed to providing impeccable dental care to his patients and enjoys being a dental educator – not only to the dental students but patients as well. As a clinician, his primary focus is to provide first-rate therapeutics to all patients.
On a personal note, Dr. Carroll enjoys boating, flying and travel with his wife, Debra.
- Implant Placement
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy
- Surgical Periodontal Procedures
- Internal Sinus Lift
- Guided Bone Regeneration
- Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, MHSM, 2012
- Arizona State University, W.P. Carey School of Business, MBA, 2011
- University of Southern California School of Dentistry, DDS, 1981
- California Polytechnic University San Luis Obispo, BS, 1977
- Associate Dean for Clinical Education, Midwestern University, 2018-
- Director of Clinical Faculty, Midwestern University, 2011-2018
- Dental Institute, Glendale, AZ
- Faculty Senator, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ, 2010-
- Assistant Professor of Dentistry, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ, 2008-
- Assistant Professor of Dentistry, USC, Los Angeles, 2006-2008
- Pro Med Clinic, Stuttgart, Germany, 1998-2006
- Private Practice General Dentistry, Stuttgart, Germany with emphasis on TMJ pathology, Implantology, Esthetic Dentistry, Laser Dentistry, and Full Mouth Rehabilitation, 1983-1998
- Residency General Dentistry Stuttgart, Germany, 1981-1983
- Arizona Licensed Dentist, 2010-
- European Licensed Dentist, 1981-